Effective on January 1st, 2015 This privacy statement describes how Imali Media collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site: imali.media. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
Collection and Use of Personal InformationAs with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the type of browser you used to visit our site (such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox), the time at which you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site. We may collect personal information at various times when you use our website or plugin. The more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we are able to customize your experience. Your participation is voluntary and you have the choice not to disclose any information that we request.
The types of information we gather:
- Information you provide: We receive and store any information you enter on local.newtabtv.com or give us in any other way. You provide most such information when you use the Imali Media or bundled plugins. For instance, if you register for an account with us, we may collect your name, email address, country of origin, and, if you choose, your nickname, telephone number, website, company, and title. If you download and install the plugin, we collect any information voluntarily provided by you during the installation and registration process, which can include demographic information such as gender, age, occupation, household income, zip code and country. Demographic information may be correlated to web usage information collected during your use of the service. In addition, you might provide us with personal identifying information, such as mobile telephone number, when you communicate with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise, or complete a questionnaire, subscription form or a contest entry form. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing and improving our services, delivering targeted content and advertisements that may be of interest to you, and communicating with you.
- Automatic information we collect from the plugin: When you use Imali Media plugin, we may collect information about the websites you visit and the advertisements that you see on those websites, the searches you perform using search engines, the ways in which you use various features, and the pages you view (especially social media pages). For example, we may collect information about page views, impressions and clicks, as well as similar web usage information. For every webpage you view while using the plugin, our software transmits and stores information associated with your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which may include a domain name, the full URL of the webpage you are visiting, general information about your browser; general information about your computer's operating system; your Licensor cookie number or other identifying alphanumerical information enabling Licensor to identify your computer; and the date and time the above information is logged. All of this above information may be logged together in a single data string for each webpage you visit. Each string is logged in our database in the chronological order received from our users. In addition, we may collect information about what cookies are stored on your computer, which enables Licensor to determine which websites you have visited in the past. Although this information may contain some personal identifying information, Licensor does not use it to determine the identity of individual users or correlate it to your email address or other personal identifying information that you give us or our affiliates, except as required by subpoenas, court orders, investigations or other legal requirements. When you download the plugin, and at times during your use of the site, we may transmit Licensor cookies to the hard drive of your computer. We may also automatically collects information about the online advertisements that are displayed on the websites you visit - specifically, the text, source, and URL of the online ad - and the terms you choose when you use search engines to search the Web. Licensor also may periodically collect usage statistics from users that describe the frequency of use of each feature.
Information SharingWe do not sell your personal information to third parties. However, we may disclose your personal information:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- If Imali Media is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
Use of InformationImali Media may use information (whether personal identifying information or not) that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested
- Send you offers that you have opted in to receive
- Manage your relationship with us and provide you with customer support
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services or content, or products, services or content offered by others.
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or third parties
- Develop and display content and advertising (such as targeted ads) tailored to your interests on our websites and other websites
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes
- Enforce our Agreement
- Protect Licensor, our plugin, our websites, our customers and/or our other users from fraud, hacking or other harm
- Cooperate with legal, criminal or regulatory investigations or proceedings
- Manage our business
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of information collection